Possessive nouns are used to show ownership or possession. Ownership is the act of owning or having something.
Directions: Which of the following is incorrect?
1) a. John and Mary's house is old.
b. Toms and Dougs cars need repairs.
c. Crystal's and Paul's pets are mean.
2) a. Jean's and Dan's pants are blue.
b. Dan's and Phil's apartments are close to college.
c. Where is the womens' restroom?
3) a. My husband is in the mens' fitting room.
b. The deer's antlers are huge.
c. The bus's seats are uncomfortable.
4) a. Thomas's house is for sale.
b. I cannot find James' keys.
c. Charles's car is red.
5) a. Are you going to David and Sues' wedding?
b. I want to hear other people's ideas.
c. The dress's hem is too short.
Directions: Choose the correct answer.
1) Dan and __________ apartment is small.
2) The __________ antlers are majestic.
3) __________ and Jim's offices are close to each other.
4) Joey's and __________ cars are black.
5) __________ keys are lost.
6) Cole and __________ computer is new.
7) David and __________ wedding is tomorrow.
8) Victor's and __________ shoes are white.
Quiz 1 Answers
Quiz 2 Answers
1) c. Phil's
2) a. deer's
3) b. Ben's
4) a. Monica's
5) c. Thomas's
6) a. Jay's
7) c. Sue's
8) b. Jeff's