Some adjectives have different forms of comparatives and superlatives. They do not follow the "-er" and "-est" rule.
The word "than" is used after comparatives.
Superlatives are typically accompanied by the word "the".
Directions: Write the correct answer for each blank.
1) Steve is a good
cook. Sarah cooks __________ than Steve. Karen is the __________ cook at the restaurant.
2) Jason is a bad
singer. Eric is the __________ singer in the choir. Julie sings __________ than Jason.
3) Stephanie has little
experience for the job. Marie has __________ experience than Stephanie. Alice has the __________ amount of experience among the applicants.
4) Jane has many
toys. Her sister has __________ toys than Jane. Their brother has the __________ toys in the house.
Directions: Choose the correct answer.
1) Michael dances __________ than his friends.
2) The black boots are the __________ expensive boots in my closet.
3) Janet is a __________ writer than her peers.
4) Dogs are the __________ animals in the world.
5) She has __________ money than her friends.
Quiz 1 Answers
1) better, best
2) worst, worse
3) less, least
4) more, most
Quiz 2 Answers
1) b. worse
2) c. least
3) b. better
4) c. best
5) b. more