The determiners "another" and "other" are used to refer to something that is different or in addition to. They are used before a noun.
"Another" is used before a singular countable noun. It means one more, an extra, or an additional something. It also means a different or alternative something.
"Other" is used before a plural countable nouns and uncountable nouns.
Directions: Choose the correct answer
1) I would like __________ glass of water.
2) There are __________ doctors at this clinic.
3) I'm not interested in __________ people.
4) I'm not interested in __________ man.
5) Could I have __________ napkin please?
6) Why don't you try __________ hairstyles?
Directions: Select the correct sentence.
1) a. We want to work with other students in the class.
b. We want to work with another students in the class.
2) a. He is seeing other woman.
b. He is seeing another woman.
3) a. My child is too shy to play with other kids.
b. My child is too shy to play with another kids.
4) a. We can find another babysitter.
b. We can find other babysitter.
5) a. Are there other stay-at-home moms in this apartment complex?
b. Are there another stay-at-home moms in this apartment complex?
6) a. I can't find other outfit to wear.
b. I can't find another outfit to wear.
Quiz 1 Answers
1) a. another
2) b. other
3) b. other
4) a. another
5) a. another
6) b. other
Quiz 2 Answers