"Such" is a determiner. Determiners are words that come before a noun or noun phrase to express a specific thing in more detail.
"Such" before an "adjective + noun" gives the word a more extreme meaning.Determiner - Such
- She is such a fine artist.
- These are such fancy dresses.
- You are such a mean person.
- He has such awful taste in clothes.
- They are such movie fanatics.
Directions: Rewrite each sentence using the word "such".
1) You are a good friend to me.
2) The house is a mess.
3) He has crazy hair.
4) She has a bad temper.
5) They have good food there.
Directions: Rewrite each sentence using the word "such"
1) It was a big mess.
2) It is a pain!
3) He is a huge help.
4) He is a nice man.
5) Today was a busy day.
Quiz 1 Answers
1) You are such a good friend to me.
2) The house is such a mess.
3) He has such crazy hair.
4) She has such a bad temper.
5) They have such good food there.
Quiz 2 Answers