Adjectives with two or more syllables do not change but instead add "more" to form comparatives and "most" to form superlatives.
The word "than" is used after comparatives.
Superlatives are typically accompanied by the word "the".
Directions: Write the correct answer for each blank.
1) She is a beautiful
woman. She is the __________ beautiful woman in the world. She is __________ beautiful than her sister.
2) Jane is popular
. Jane is __________ popular than her twin sister. Jane is the __________ popular girl in school.
3) He is qualified
for the job. He is the __________ qualified person for the job. He is __________ qualified than the other candidates.
4) Sophie is a careful
driver. Their brother is the __________ careful driver in the family, but Audrey is __________ careful than Sophie.
5) Disneyland was an amazing
trip. Hawaii was __________ amazing than Disneyland. Europe was the __________ amazing trip I have ever taken.
Directions: Choose the correct answer.
1) Mike is __________ nervous than John.
2) Henry is the __________ consistent player on the team.
3) My mom is __________ patient than my dad.
4) That was the __________ painful experience I've ever had.
5) This is the __________ comfortable bed in the house.
Quiz 1 Answers
1) most, more
2) more, most
3) most, more
4) most, more
5) more, most
Quiz 2 Answers
1) a. more
2) b. most
3) a. more
4) b. most
5) b. most