Adjectives describe or modify nouns. They generally appear immediately before the noun.
Sometimes adjectives of opposite meaning are formed by adding a prefix such as "un-", "in-", or "dis-".
Directions: What is the adjective in each sentence?
1) I went to the store with my big sister.
2) I want to buy new clothes.
3) I bought a warm jacket.
4) We ate dinner at a nice restaurant.
5) I have a great sister.
6) We had a fun time.
7) The angry customer wanted a refund.
8) She returned the broken item.
9) He tells funny jokes.
10) She is a happy girl.
Directions: Choose the correct answer.
1) He waited a long time. He is a __________ man.
2) She loves Italian food. Pasta is her __________ food.
3) John is older than me. He is my __________ brother.
4) My dog eats too much. He is a __________ dog.
5) I need a jacket. It's a __________ day.
6) She can't reach the top shelf. She's a __________ woman.
7) He plays basketball and baseball. He's an __________ guy.
8) He is rich. He lives in a __________ house.
9) He brought her flowers. She put the __________ roses in a vase.
10) He doesn't have much room to grow vegetables. He planted a __________ garden in his backyard.
Quiz 1 Answers
1) a. big
2) b. new
3) a. warm
4) c. nice
5) a. great
6) c. fun
7) c. angry
8) b. broken
9) b. funny
10) b. happy
Quiz 2 Answers
1) a. patient
2) b. favorite
3) d. big
4) b. fat
5) a. cold
6) c. short
7) c. athletic
8) d. fancy
9) a. red
10) b. small